Who will through fast?
You can decide on who will make the first through for the first game using paper rock scissors, a coin toss or something familiar. For subsequent games, the team to throw first will be the one that scored the last point. The team that throws first has a huge advantage as it has an option to place the first in front of the hole, which make it harder for its challenger to have a big round. In addition, the clothing of each team should be distinguishable for the two teams.
Point system rules
- You will gain three points if you make a cornhole to goes through the hole
- If a cornhole bag land on the playing surface, you get one point
- You will get one point for each cornhole that is hanging into the whole
- Also, you will also be awarded one point for a cornhole bag that is suspending in the front edge but not contacting or touching the ground
- You will get no point for a cornhole bag that is partially on the ground and partially on the playing surface
- You will also miss any point if a cornhole is suspending in the front but is resting on a cornhole bag that is already in the round. However, you can also get a point if you manage to remove the one on the ground without the cornhole bag on the board falling.
The team that achieved the highest round score will add the difference between the two score to their previous game score. The winning team for every round will also get the honor to throw first in the consequent round. In case both teams have equal round score, there will be no change in either team’s game score, and the team that had the honors in the previous round will retain the honor.
If your foot goes past the foot foul mark when making a throw, then that is a foul. The foul line is usually collinear with the front of the corkboard. Your throw will be counted as void, and the bag removed whether inside the hole or on the surface.
In a two against two games, teammates will stand on the opposite playing boards. On the other hand, singles games have the two players throwing from the same side. Players from one board will alternatively throw their four bags toward the board placed on the opposite side. Each player will throw all the four bags after which they will add up the score and the players on the other board throw their cornhole bags. The game usually continues until one team reaches 21 points in total.